Mission Time In Cebu

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

As always, Cari is very open in her emails. This one has a little too much info, but I love how she writes. So funny and touching! I'm a little afraid of all she might bring home with her, though.... I love this girl/woman, so much! ~Jeanette

Happy Valentines!!!

Well...for the first time in my life I have a valentines for Valentines Day. He is a nice little Filipino man that drives a motorcycle. He has been making weekly contact with me since I got here, and last week I probably received one of the greatest presents I ever have in my life. I mean absolutely priceless from him. hahaha. It goes on to say, " Sister you know what. You are the most beautiful women I ever see. Your eyes is glitters as you always smile. Sis you complete me." haha. I just could not stop laughing. And then two days before valentines day he made contact again. He was very nervous and said English is so difficult for him, I told him he can speak in visayan but he continued in English. He asked me if I accept and wished me a happy valentines day, he said he needs to take me out on valentines and he cannot sleep at night. I explained to him that I only focus on the Gospel and although he is very kind it is not possible. He says he will wait for me and I told him there are many beautiful Filipina girls here but he says they are mean. haha...so I guess I will always have a plan B. By the way do not be alarmed, I am a lot bigger than him and when my companion and I discussed whether or not we should be worried we didn't feel any reason to be worried and the Zls know. We just all think its too funny. I took a picture of the note for you.

Also we are now allowed to go on mormon.org for 2 extra hours a week. My companion and I had fun we also looked up some profiles and randomly saw Ted's girlfriend, mainly cause my companion was looking at the caption which said "I am a missionary girlfriend and I'm a Mormon" then I looked at the picture and it was of Ted Tallent and his girlfriend...haha.

So we had a little bit of a hard week, our golden investigator who we love and had a baptismal date in February randomly was taken by her older sister and moved to lapu lapu sooo sad. We have been trying to keep our spirits up. So we will only have 1 baptism on Feb. 26 and probably 2 on March 5. But I know the Lord is really helping us b-c we have a lot of new promising investigators. One came to church from a random contact I did while walking. We are not teaching him, he is 14 years old and very shy with us two sisters. We are also teaching a deaf man, we are going to start using a whiteboard to teach him...hopefully it will be more effective. We are trying to be creative.

So yes all my pictures are being taken...I just need new ones, basically. I have a group of kids that just love me. Right now I have had a bad case of mutant lice for the past month, I guess I äm not following the white hand book rule of not keeping pets... Yesterday I had about 5 of these kids, like little monkeys, picking lice off my head...I think they got most of them. Oh I just wish I had my camera. SAYANG!!! haha soo funny just imagine me bending over and having about 5 to 6 kids picking and killing lice from my head. So funny. These kids are always petting my arms and they love to look at my tan lines b-c Im even more white. They just love white skin. And they think Brooke is absolutely beautiful. She has a whole fan club. Many of the little boys are in love with her....haha.

I just love these people we had a FHE last night with an inactive family, soo fun. I cant wait to come home and have FHE filipino style with all of you. If you mess up in a game you get lipstick all over your face. The games are fun too.

Today we are having a zone activity on the beach and bbq. I äm excited our zone-district is really close b-c there is only 8 of us. S. Martin and I are the only 2 sisters. Its fun. The beach is in Elder Allen's area.

By the way...I approve to moving to Pasco...if we get a boat. And I like your friends in Pasco. But I know I will miss the beach I am always near the water here. Even in Mabolo. I already decided I am living with all of you for awhile when I come back..I have lots of plans to help a family ward and work with the missionaries.. I just miss all of you too much to come home and leave again to school. Im really sad about our church building. They should do it Filipino style...all tile. By the way tell Dan and Chels I got their emails and loved them!! I will write back soon. I hope your trip is soo fun, I äm jealous I don't know what it means to relax...I will probably just sleep for weeks straight when I come home and be getting a tan. I am almost as white as dad here!!

I miss and love you all soo much!!! Don't forget to write even though your vacationing.

Love,

Cari

1 comment:

  1. haha this is totally missionary life... well we didn't have to live with the lice, but we did have to live with random men falling in love with us.... it was awesome, and you have a very good shield to stand behind, called a name tag :)

    ReplyDelete