Mission Time In Cebu

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

MTC Second Week

Kumusta Family and Friends!!!!

Thank you for all the letters, they make my day. We live off letters here at the MTC and it means a lot to me that people are thinking of me outside these walls.

So this week was definitely an absent minded week for me. Lots of funny experiences. So I usually wake up at 5:45 am to go running and when I walk in the bathroom I am usually half asleep, trying to have my eyes adjust to the light. Well one moning I threw open one of the stall doors and found a poor sister screaming on the toilet....haha...poor girl was exposed to everyone in the bathroom, well that one woke me up. Same day I was walking out of the bathroom while talking to these two sisters and while I was saying ayo ayo (goodbye) I walked into the door, face first. They laughed a lot and my Elders thought it was hilarious. A couple days later in class I snorted while laughing and trying to pronounce the nga sound which is a sound you have to make in the back of your throat, once again my Elders thought it was hilarious. Also, Ive had two Elders hit on me. You would think that, us sisters would be safe from that in the mtc, but one elder in my branch asked me for my first name, i asked why and he said some awkward thing about going on a lunch date. Another elder came up to me in the cafeteria and said that some Elders had been checking me out. I saw all his friends laughing and rolled me eyes and walked away in the middle of his sentence. He stood there looking like an idiot. I told me elders and they wanted to tell him off. He's lucky he encountered the new and improved sister robison or I would have chewed him out. But i am trying to be above that now...haha.

So Thursday we had our first TRC. Thats when people come and volunteer, and we teach and speak Cebuano to them. It was really hard but they said it was some of the best language skills they've seen. We had thought we failed b/c they kept laughing and whispering at us in cebuano but apparently they were just trying to act like Filipinos, great. This week we have to talk about families and bear our testimonies in cebuano about families, pray and make an appointment. Im kinda nervous but its still way fun!! The language is coming along, still stressful but I'm working really hard, I memorized 100 vocab in 3 days and I'm able to make my own rough sentences now. I say all my prayers in cebuano, which kind of limits me on what I can say...haha. but its fun!

Sunday was crazy, one of my roommate sisters woke us up in the middle of the night b/c she had some pains in her stomach and back, we thought it was just bad gas, b/c thats what everyone had here...haha. ended up being kidney stones and she had to go to the ER. Then during the day I was lost. I went to the bathroom came out and my Elders were gone!! I was soo confused b/c they are usually soo good at keeping track of my but they were nowhere to be seen. So luckily I found a sister I knew in my zone and went to their sacrament. But, apparently the Bishop wanted me to give the talk in our sacrament and everyone noticed I was gone so there was a big search party for me. Some elders were afraid I was kidnapped, so two sisters and my elders missed sacrament to look for me. while I was totally fine enjoying another sacrament. haha. I felt bad, I found them afterwards and the whole district presidency and branch was relieved I was okay. oops!! Lets just say my Elders are extra careful now. I felt bad though b/c they kinda got a bad rap even though they treat me soo well. They are soo good at opening doors for me and taking my food tray I barely ever have to lift a finger here.

By the way I saw David I mean Elder Arrowchis....FINALLY!! I was looking for him everywhere, were not in the same schedule so its hard. And my friend is going to be teaching Nate Eck and so I know what room he is in (were gonna be in the same building) so im gonna be able to find him when he comes.

Some cool things are happening at the MTC. We get to clean the provo temple June 30th so that will be cool and Robert D. Hales spoke to us last week. Were going to have a lot of apostoles because its mission presidents week coming up. My sisters I room with leave for Cebu in 6 days!! Im gonna miss them and be even more of a loner sister.

Well...I miss all of you, I am working hard and I see myself progress everyday, it is amazing how much I am growing to know my Savior and Father in Heaven. I am losing my spelling and english skills, sorry if some cebuano words are snuck in there, its only gonna get worse. But I love the language, its hard and stressful but way fun. Its really been a leap of faith trusting the Lord that one days I will be able to speak and competely understand. Gugma ko kanimo!!!!

Love,
Sister Robison

No comments:

Post a Comment