Mission Time In Cebu

Thursday, June 2, 2011

5/24 - Last Week In Bogo, On To Bohol

Sooo....I am all healed, my fingers are great but the medicine has made me sick but its okay, I have had a FANTASTIC week. First of all the transfer call just came this morning.........I am reopening an area in BOHOL!!!!! yes!! I thought that I would never see that island. I am the second american sister to be in Bohol and first in the zone-Calape zone and we are the first sisters in Calape area!! I am soo excited. My companion is sister manarin and elder frecker my zl now will be transferring there with me. The area its super out in the middle of nowhere. there is nothing but a market. its going to be a crazy experience and super difficult, especially reopening. I know its just gonna be super difficult. But thats my mission, I have always started out in a non-progressing area and my favorite thing is to just watch it grow and blossom. I actually prayed and fasted for another hard area, I want to grow and I need trials to increase my faith. Im a person that has always liked to learn the hard way. and by the way Bogo is super progressing!!! I mean its incredible the progress, when I first arrived there was no meetings, no progressing investigators, no referrals...and now. we have all of our meetings, the ward members just keep loading us with referrals and they are all doing a branch caravan every sunday and visiting all the inactives or less actives. they are even visiting maricar and her family for me. I can honestly say I put my heart and soul in Bogo and my work there is done. I can leave happy, even through my heart is heavy. I am leaving members of my family again. But this week I have been trying to leave a legacy of my testimony and let these people know how much I love them. We had a super strong lesson with my favorite family and I told them what examples they have all been to me, and everyone cried...even Jerson (my 14 yr old convert) we were all balling, it was an incredible experience. I know I have left a legacy I can be proud of and thats the most satisfying feeling.

So we found a new house...its awesome, looks like a house from doctor suess...haha. the sink only does to my knees and the tiles are awesome. But ill never live there.

I know if we continue to trust in god everything will be all right. and BOGO zone has overcome all these things....even pres. hansen said that we are going through trials b/c of how well the zone is doing and its true. These missionaries and people here are my family, I dont know what Im going to do with out them, they are a part of my heart and I will be leaving a piece of my heart here in Bogo. But I know that I need to leave and experience this new area that needs me just as much as I need it. I love you all....keep strong and dont get distracted. Love ya!!

Carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment