Mission Time In Cebu

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 5 – Happy 4th of July

This week has been a lot better. We just had transfer call and Im staying but Elder Pasikala (mom you know his mom) is transfering in the zone and Im super excited, plus im super excited to be staying.

Well about the sister I told you about last week, she is doing a lot better. We're still teaching her kids and her neighbors just think she got attacked by a wakwak. Im sorry, sometimes filipinos are crazy but I love it. They are soo superstitious...a wakwak is a large bird that sniffs the stomach of a pregnant lady and then that causes the baby to miscarry. I hear stuff like that all the time. Even some of the missionaries believe stuff like that...haha. Ill tell you a lot more once I get home. One of the elders in our zone will only shower outside b/c he says there are demons in the bathroom.haha. Thats what happens when you're in the mountains. Love it! But she's okay, the branch is really helping.

So I spent my 4th of July walking in the rain, I mean it was the hardest rain I have ever walked in, we were both completely soaked from head to foot. But it was fun and we sang the whole way home...haha. there were NO people. Yesterday, was just a blast. We had a csp in our area way up in the mountains, soo fun. We had to hike through this beautiful jungle, waste deep in water, with waterfalls and caves until we got to these rice fields and planted rice all day. We were thigh deep in mud and of course you know we have to throw mud at eachother and push eachother in the mud. We just couldnt resist. The Filipinos were all watching thinking oh these crazy americans. BEST MISSION EVER....absolutely beautiful area, the Filipinos would just be so rich if they displayed pictures and made it a tourist spot. AMAZING, I'll take you there if you come here.

Oh and we didnt plant rice all day, haha just a couple hours....wow that sounded like I only played...all day. I want you to know Im working hard my feet hurt everyday and I love it. I feel the Lord is really guiding me...S. Manarin and I had two lessons one day where she said and used the exact scripture I wanted to use. We are both really being guided by the spirit. I love it. Some missionaries hate Bohol b/c its the hardest area in the mission. But I love it, just another reason to see progress and miracles and get closer to God.

Presisdent Schmutz is here and we have interviews next week so I'll tell you how he is. I heard he is a lot more strict then President Hansen, but Im sure then thats what the mission needs. I have learned so much from my mission about sustaining our leaders, it seems to always sneak into my personal studies especially b/c I know one of my weaknesses is sometimes I think I know best and its hard for me to be a follower. I always like being the leader, but I know that you cant be a good leader with out being a good follower and sustaining the leaders. I love how God teaches me in my personal studies and gives me a new perspective and changes all my inadequacies. So I love you, sustain the leaders....thanks for the pictures, brookey is a cutiey. Continue to send pictures.

Dont worry about me mom, I always bounce back, even if we're having a bad day or trial, we always find a reason to laugh and be happy....its just too much work to be upset and down....love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment